Need a little help getting started? Look no further. Below we run through how to use the interface. Have fun out there.
1. Start by selecting a base actor, how about Julia Roberts. When her name appears, select it.
2. Julia is now in the center circle and she is surrounded by all of the movies she was in. The same movies are also found below her photo in movie results.
3. By clicking on "Charlie Wilson's War", our current selection changes.
4. Now, the movie we selected is surrounded by the actors that played in that film. You can also click "read more" below the image of either an actor or a film to get some more info.
5. By clicking on the "list display" tab, we can get a bread crumb view of our movie and actor chain. You can remain in this view if you prefer it and navigate with the results list to the right.
6. We have connected Julia Roberts to Philip Seymour Hoffman through "Charlie Wilson's War".
7. The "make a connection" tab does just that, it connects actors by the movies they were in. Select the actors you want and it will do it in as few connections as possible. If those two actors weren't in a movie together, it will find the actors and films in between. In this example we have connected Tom Cruise to Cary Grant.